Silky scarves are so pretty but let’s be honest how often do you really wear them around your neck! Here we show you 3 ways to style scarves in your hair so that you can get more mileage out of them.
Head Band Side Braid
1. Fold the scarf so it is thinner and drape it across your head to make a head band. Then sweep your hair to the side you want your braid to be on.
2. Begin braiding your hair on the side. Use the scarf ends in the two outside sections of your braid and braid to the end of your hair.
3. When you are finished braiding wrap the ends of your hair with the ends of the scarf and tie a knot. Alternatively you can use an elastic and leave the ends of the scarf long or wrap the elastic with part of the scarf for a more secure fit.
Voila! You are done! This style is great for the summer and keeping hair off your face. Scarf: Sailing Away Scarf in Light Blue
1. Tie your scarf into a bow on one end. Making two loops and knotting them is the easiest way to do this. Pin the bow to your head using bobby pins right above where you want your braid to start.
2. Braid your hair down your back using the long end of your scarf in one section of your braid.
3. When you reach the end of your hair wrap the end of your scarf around the end of your braid and tie a knot.
4. All done! Here is what it will look like:
You can make the bow smaller or larger depending on what you prefer. Scarf: Out to Lunch Scarf in Nude
1. Put your hair into a pony tail and secure it with an elastic. Make the ponytail as low or high as you want your bun to be.
2. Twist your ponytail and wrap your hair into a bun around the elastic. Then pin the bun in place with hair pins or bobby pins.
3. Wrap the scarf around your bun until most of the scarf is used up.
4. Knot the ends of the scarf or pin them into the bun.
You’re finished! You can also wrap less of a scarf and leave the ends hanging or tie them into a bow for a sweeter look. This is great for punching up a boring bun and you can make the bun as high or low as you like depending on your favorite style! Scarf: Out to Lunch Scarf in Red
xo, Lace Affair